Information on prairie strips will be presented at the the following field days and extension events in 2016.
- June 21: Western Iowa No-Till Field Day at the Carstens 1880 Farmstead south of Shelby, Iowa. The event begins at 9 am. Team members Matt Liebman and Tim Youngquist will be presenting.
- July 13-14: Mid Season Crop Management Clinic at the ISU Field Extension and Education Lab west of Ames, Iowa. Team member Lisa Schulte Moore will be presenting.
- August 23: Neeley-Kinyon Memorial Farm Field Day located near Greenfield in Adair County starting at 4 pm. Team member Tim Youngquist will be presenting. Other topics include nutrient management, cover crops, and pollinator habitat. This field day is a partnership between Iowa State University and the Wallace Foundation. A complimentary meal will be served.
- September 6: J.H. Roadman Memorial Park located 1.5 miles west of Dike in Grundy County, Iowa. The event begins at 4:30 pm. Team member Tim Younquist will be presenting. Saturated buffers will also be discussed. This event is a partnership between the Roadman family, Hertz Farm Management, Iowa Learning Farms, Iowa State University, and the USDA Agricultural Research Service Laboratory for Agriculture and the Environment. A complimentary meal will be served. See press release here.
- September 8: The Eastern Iowa Airport field day near Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The event begins at 5:30 pm. Team member Lisa Schulte Moore will be presenting. Partnerships for water quality, dedicated energy crops, and biopower production will also be discussed. This field day is a partnership between the City of Cedar Rapids, The Eastern Iowa Airport, Farmers National Company, Iowa Learning Farms, Iowa State University, the University of Iowa. A complimentary meal will be served. See press release here.