Students will be able to:
- Explain challenges facing Midwestern farmers.
- Define and explain the prairie STRIPS project.
- Explain the agronomic benefits of prairie strips.
- Recommend key features of prairie strip designs.
- Identify prairie plant species and the characteristics which make them useful in achieving conservation.
- Describe considerations and procedures for appropriate prairie strip installation and establishment.
- Explain prairie strip maintenance procedures from installation through establishment.
- Estimate costs associated with prairie strips.
- Identify potential means to reduce the overall cost of prairie strips.
- Describe considerations for social engagement and providing effective consultation