I am a natural resource economist and Associate Professor at Iowa State University. I have broad interests in environmental and natural resource economics, policy and sociology within forestry and agriculture. I specialize in financial and economic explorations of environmental quality management in highly managed agricultural, forest, and urban landscapes.
Recent Publications (* Students at time of publication; ** former student; # post-doc)
Also See: Google Scholar
- Hand, A.*, Bowman, T.**#, JC Tyndall. (Forthcoming) Influences on farmer and rancher interest in supplying woody biomass in the US Northern Great Plains. Agroforestry Systems.
- Roesch-McNally, G.**, Arbuckle, JG., and JC Tyndall. (Forthcoming) Barriers to implementing climate resilient agricultural strategies: The case of crop diversification in the U.S. Corn Belt. Global Environmental Change.
- Schulte et al. (including J.C. Tyndall) (2017) Prairie strips improve biodiversity and the delivery of multiple ecosystem services from corn‐soybean croplands. PNAS. Early Edition: http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2017/09/26/1620229114.short
- Roesch-McNally, G.**, Arbuckle, JG., Tyndall JC. (2017) Soil as social-ecological feedback: Examining the “ethic” of soil stewardship among Corn Belt farmers. Rural Sociology.
- Basche, A., Roesch-Mcnally, G.*, Clay, R., Arbuckle, JG., Tyndall, JC., Miguez, F., Bowman, T. **# (2017) Cover crop adoption in Iowa: Confronting and overcoming barriers to adoption. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/S174217051700009
- Enloe, S.**, Schulte, L.A., J.C. Tyndall. (2017) Working beyond scale challenges: Private-public partnerships as a strategy for more resilient watershed programming. Environmental Management. DOI: 10.1007/s00267-017-0905-5
- Arbuckle, J.G., Tyndall, J.C., Wright Morton, L., Hobbs, J. (2017) Climate change typologies and audience segmentation among Corn Belt farmers. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 72(3):205-214.
- Roesch-McNally, G.*, Arbuckle, J.G., J.C. Tyndall (2017) What would farmers do? Adaptation intentions under a Corn Belt climate change scenario. Agriculture and Human Values.
- Schulte, L.A. and J.C. Tyndall (2017) Understanding Land-Use Feedbacks and Ecosystem Service Tradeoffs in Agriculture (Chapter 19). In: Learning Landscape Ecology: Concepts and Tools for Sustainable Landscapes (2nd edition). Edited by: Gergel SE and MG Turner. Springer.
- Abendroth, L., L.W. Morton, E. Kladivko, R. Anex, J. Arbuckle, R. Arritt, B. Basso, L. Bowling, M. Castellano, R. Cruse, W. Dick, N. Fausey, J. Frankenberger, P. Gassman, M. Helmers, A. Kravchenko, R. Lal, F. Miguez, E. Nafziger, J. Sawyer, P. Scharf, J. Strock, J. Tyndall, A. Gassmann, D. Herzmann, C. Kling, J. Lauer, D. Mueller, N. Nkongolo, M. O’Neal, P. Owens and M. Villamil. Climate and Managing Corn-Soybean Agroecosystems 2: Findings, Implications and Recommendations. Technical Report Series: Findings and Recommendations of the USDA-NIFA funded Climate and Corn-based Cropping Systems Coordinated Agricultural Project. Iowa State University, Ames, IA. Vol 1 of 5. Pub. No. CSCAP-0197-2017.
- Huang, S., G. Hu, C. Chennault,** L. Su, E. Brandes, E. Heaton, L. Schulte, L. Wang , J.C. Tyndall. (2016) Agent-Based Modeling of Bioenergy Crop Adoption and Farmer Decision-making. Energy.
- Roley, S., Tank, J., Tyndall, J.C., Witter, J (2016) How cost-effective are cover crops, wetlands, and two-stage ditches for nitrogen removal in the Mississippi River Basin? Water Resources & Economics.
- Chennault, C.M.*, Schulte, L.A., J.C. Tyndall (2016). PEWI: A web-based learning tool for evaluating ecosystem service tradeoffs in watersheds. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation.
- Roesch, G.E*., Rabotyagov, S., Tyndall, J.C., Ettl, G., and S. Toth (2016). Auctioning the Forest: A qualitative approach to exploring stakeholder responses to building on forest ecosystem services. Small Scale Forestry.
- Schulte, L.A., C.M. Chennault,** N. Grudens-Schuck, J.C. Tyndall, and R. Valek. 2016. Getting into Soil and Water Virtually with PEWI. Getting Into Soil and Water 2016:24-25.
- Wright Morton, L., L. Abendroth, R. Anex, J. Arbuckle, R. Arritt, M. Castellano, R. Cruse, J. Frankenberger, M. Helmers, E. Kladivko, M. O’Neal, P. Scharf, B. Basso, L. Bowling, W. Dick, N. Fausey, A. Gassmann, D. Herzmann, P. Gassman, C. Kling, A. Kravchenko, R. Lal, J. Lauer, F. Miguez, D. Mueller, E. Nafziger, N. Nkongolo, P. Owens, J. Sawyer, J. Strock, J. Tyndall, and M. Villamil. Climate and Managing Corn-Soybean Agroecosystems: Findings, Implications and Recommendations. Technical Report Series: Findings and Recommendations of the USDA-NIFA funded Climate and Corn-based Cropping Systems Coordinated Agricultural Project. Iowa State University, Ames, IA. Vol 1 of 5. Pub. No. CSCAP-0195-2016. https://store.extension.iastate.edu/Topic/Crops/Climate-and-Agriculture
- Doudna J**, O'Neal M, Tyndall, J.C., Helmers, M. (2015). Perspectives of extension agents and farmers toward an ecosystem service paradigm in the United States Corn Belt. Journal of Extension.
- Prokopy L., Arbuckle J. G., Barnes A. P, Haden V. R., Hogan A., Niles M. T., J.C. Tyndall. (2015) Farmers and Climate Change: A Cross-National Comparison of Beliefs and Risk Perceptions in High Income Countries. Environmental Management.
- Tyndall, J.C., J. G. Arbuckle Jr., L. Wright Morton, L. Stalker Prokopy, T. Haigh, T. Knoot, C. Knutson, and M. Widhalm. (2015). New Atlas features Corn Belt farmers' perspectives in agriculture and climate. Journal of Extension 53, 1, 1TOT9
- Knoot, T. G.** , M. E. Shea**, L. A. Schulte, J. C. Tyndall, M. D. Nelson, C. H. Perry, and B. J. Palik. (2015) Forest change in the Driftless Area of the Midwest: From a preferred to undesirable future. Forest Ecology and Management. 341: 110-120.
- McGranahan, D.**, Brown, P., Schulte, L., Tyndall, J.C. (2015) Associating conservation/production patterns in U.S. farm policy with agricultural land-use in three Iowa, USA townships, 1933-2002. Land Use Policy. 45: 76-85.
- Larsen, GL.D., L.A. Schulte, and J.C. Tyndall. 2015. How should Iowa's agricultural landscape look? Rootstalk 1:41-46.
- Arbuckle, JG., Tyndall, J.C. and E. Sorensen* (2105) Iowan's perspectives on targeted approaches for multiple-benefit agriculture. Iowa State University, Department of Sociology. Paper 1038.
- Church, Sarah P., Tonya Haigh, Melissa Widhalm, Linda Stalker Prokopy, J. Gordon Arbuckle Jr., Jon Hobbs, Tricia Knoot, Cody Knutson, Adam Loy, Amber Saylor Mase, Jean McGuire, Lois Wright Morton, John Tyndall (2015). Farmer Perspectives on Agricultural Practices, Information, and Weather Variability in the Corn Belt: A Statistical Atlas, Volume 2. CSCAP-0184-2015. West Lafayette, IN. Purdue University Research Repository. doi:10.4231/R79W0CFS
- Enloe, S.**, Schulte, L.A., Tyndall, J.C. (2014) Toward a collaborative approach to watershed management: Lessons learned from the Boone River watershed, Iowa. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 69 (5): 149A-153A
- Arbuckle J, Hobbs J*, Loy A*, Wright-Morton L, Prokopy L, Tyndall JC. (2014) Understanding farmer perspectives on climate change: Toward effective communication strategies for adaptation and mitigation in the Corn Belt. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 69 (6): 505-516
- Tyndall JC, Roesch G*. (2014). A Standardized Approach to the Financial Analysis of Structural Water Quality BMPs. Journal of Extension. Vol. 52, Num. 3, 3FEA10.
- Loy*, A., J.Hobbs*, J. G. Arbuckle Jr., L. Wright Morton, L. Stalker Prokopy, T. Haigh, T. Knoot, C. Knutson, A. Saylor Mase*, J. McGuire*, J. Tyndall, and M. Widhalm, 2014. Farmer Perspectives on Agriculture and Weather Variability in the Corn Belt: A Statistical Atlas. CSCAP 0153-2013. Ames, IA: Cropping Systems Coordinated Agricultural Project (CAP): Climate Change, Mitigation, and Adaptation in Corn-based Cropping Systems.
- Christianson L**, Tyndall JC. Helmers M. (2013) Financial Comparison of Seven Nitrate Reduction Strategies for Midwestern Agricultural Drainage. Water Resources & Economics. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.wre.2013.09.001
- Christianson L**, Knoot T, Larsen D**, Tyndall JC, Helmers M. (2013) An ecosystem services approach to farmer adoption of potential drainage water quality improvement strategies. International Journal of Sustainable Agriculture. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14735903.2013.835604
- Tyndall JC, Schulte L, Liebman M, Helmers M. (2013) Field-Level Financial Assessment of Contour Prairie Strips for Environmental Quality Enhancement. Environmental Management. 52(3): 736-747.
- Arbuckle J, Prokopy L (10 authors including five students *; JC Tyndall) (2013) Climate Change Beliefs, Risk Perceptions, and Attitudes toward Adaptation and Mitigation among Farmers in the Midwestern United States. Climate Change Letters. 117(4): 943-950
- McGranahan D**, Brown P, Schulte L, Tyndall JC. (2013) A historical primer on the U.S. farm bill: Supply management and conservation policy Journal of Soil and Water Conservation 68(3): 67A-73A
- Tyndall JC, Larsen GL Drake** (2013). Vegetative Environmental Buffers for Odor Mitigation. Pork Information Gateway. - US Pork Center of Excellence. PIG 10-2-15 (peer-reviewed Extension)
- Grala R, Tyndall JC, Mize CW. (2012) Iowa Citizen Willingness to Pay for In-Field Windbreaks. Landscape and Urban Planning 108(2-4): 71-78
- Tyndall JC, Grudens-Schuck N, Harmon J, Hoff S. (2012) Social Approval of the Use of the Community Assessment Model for Odor Dispersal: Results from a Citizens Survey. Environmental Management. 50(2):315-28.
- Bowman T*, Thompson J, Tyndall JC (2012) Resident, Developer, and Civic Official Perceptions of Alternative Subdivision Design Approaches. Landscape and Urban Planning. 107: 43-54.
- Hernandez G, Trabue S, Sauer T, Pfeiffer R, JC Tyndall. (2012) Odor mitigation with tree buffers: swine production case study. Agriculture, Ecosystem & Environment 149:154-163.
- Bowman T*, Tyndall JC, Thompson J, Kliebenstein J, Colletti JP. (2012) Multiple approaches to valuation of conservation subdivision and low-impact development in residential subdivisions. Journal of Environmental Management. 104C:101-113
- Bowman T*, Thompson JR, Tyndall JC, Anderson P. (2012) Land Cover Analysis for Urban Foresters and Municipal Planners: Examples from Iowa. Journal of Forestry. 110: 25-33.
- Tyndall JC, Hoff S, Harmon J, Grudens-Schuck N. (2011) The Community Assessment Model for Odor Dispersion: A Program Evaluation. Journal of Extension. 49(4), 4FEA7.
- Christianson L*, Tyndall JC. (2011) Seeking a Dialog: Targeted Technologies for Sustainable Agricultural Systems in the US Cornbelt. Sustainability: Science, Policy & Practice. Volume 7, Issue 2.
- Tyndall JC, Schulte LA, Hall R, Gruhb K. (2011) Woody Biomass in the U.S. Cornbelt? Constraints and Opportunities in the Supply from Two Regions. Biomass and Bioenergy. 35:1561-1571.
- Tyndall JC, Berg E*, Colletti JP (2011) Corn Stover as a Dedicated Feedstock in Iowa’s Bio-economy: An Iowa Farmer Survey. Biomass and Bioenergy. 35:1485-1495.
- Tyndall JC, Schulte LA, Hall R. (2010) Potential of Woody Biomass in the U.S. Cornbelt: Opinions of Professional Foresters. Small Scale Forestry. 10(3): 287-303.
- Tyndall JC, Hoff S, Harmon J. (2010) User Assessment of the CAM Livestock Production Siting Model. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. 26(5): 927-933.
- Schulte LA, Donahey J*, Gran L*, Isenhart T, Tyndall JC. (2010) People in Ecosystems/Watershed Integration (PE/WI): a dynamic watershed tool for linking agroecosystem outputs to land use and land cover. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 65(2): 33A-36A.
- Grala RK, Tyndall JC, Mize CW. (2010) Impact of field windbreaks on visual appearance of agricultural lands. Agroforestry Systems 80(3): 411-422.
- Knoot T*, Schulte L, Tyndall JC, Palik B. (2010) The state, resilience, and potential future of disturbance-dependent oak forests as perceived by regional change agents. Ecology & Society. 15(4): 5.
- Brandle JR, Hodges L, Tyndall JC, Sudmeyer RA. (2009) Windbreak Practices (Book chapter). North American Agroforestry: An Integrated Science and Practice – Second edition. American Society of Agronomy, Inc. Madison, Wisconsin.
- Tyndall JC. (2009) Characterizing Pork Producer Demand for Shelterbelts to Mitigate Odor: An Iowa Case Study. Agroforestry Systems. 77(3): 205-221.
- Tyndall JC, Grala RC. (2009) Financial Feasibility of Using Shelterbelts for Swine Odor Mitigation. Agroforestry Systems 76:237–250.
- Secchi S, Tyndall JC, Schulte LA, Asbjornsen H. (2008) High Crop Prices and Conservation: Raising the Stakes. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation V. 63, Number 3. pp 68-75.
- Schulte LA. et al., (14 authors; Tyndall, JC) (2008) A targeted conservation approach for improving environmental quality: Multiple benefits and expanded opportunities. Iowa State University Agriculture and Natural Resource Extension – PMR 1002 December 2008.
- Tyndall JC, Colletti JP. (2007) Mitigating Swine Odor with Strategically Designed Shelterbelt Systems: A Review. Agroforestry Systems. 69(1):45-65.
Research Presentations (* Students at time of presentation; ** former students)
- Khaleel, A.*, Sauer, T Tyndall, JC. 2017. Soil organic carbon dynamics of tree windbreaks in the US Northern Great Plains. (Poster) 15th North American Agroforestry Conference, Blacksburg, Virginia. June 2017.
- Valek, R.*, L. Schulte, Tyndall, JC. 2017. PEWI: A Dynamic Land Use & Ecosystem Service Tradeoffs Assessment Tool. (Poster) 15th North American Agroforestry Conference, Blacksburg, Virginia. June 2017.
- Khaleel, A.*, M. McDaniel, G.Hernandez Ramirez, Y.Chendev, T. Sauer, and J. Tyndall. Determining Tree Contributions to Soil Organic Matter Content Beneath Windbreaks in the U.S. Great Plains and Russian Steppe. (Poster) 15th North American Agroforestry Conference, Blacksburg, Virginia. June 2017.
- Roesch McNally, G.**, Arbuckle, J., Tyndall, JC. Barriers to implementing climate resilient agricultural strategies: The case of crop diversification in the U.S. Corn Belt. 2017 Annual Meeting American Sociological Association AS. August 12–15 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Khaleel, A.*, Sauer, T Tyndall, JC. 2017. Soil organic carbon dynamics of tree windbreaks in the US Northern Great Plains. The 2017 Soil Health Conference: Building Soil Health for Healthy Environment and Farm Profitability. February 16-17, 2017. Scheman Building, Ames, Iowa. (Won First Place in student poster competition).
- Brandes E., McNunn G., Schulte L.A., Muth D., Tyndall J., Sharma B. & Heaton E.A. 2016. Can profit push perennials? Subfield analysis reveals an economic case to increase biodiversity. Annual Meeting of the US Regional Association of the International Association for Landscape Ecology, Asheville, NC.
- Tyndall JC et al. (7 other co-authors) 2016. Bridging the conservation/ working lands divide with Prairie Strips. 76th Annual Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference. Grand Rapids, Michigan. January 25, 2016
- Chennault C*, Schulte L, Tyndall JC. People in Ecosystems/ Watershed Integration: A tool for teaching and learning about agricultural watersheds. International Association of Landscape Ecologists (Portland, Oregon), July 5th-10th, 2015 (Chennault presenting)
- Zimmerman, E.*, and JC Tyndall. (Poster presentation) Iowa farmer perceptions of multiple benefits & targeted conservation. International Association of Landscape Ecologists (Portland, Oregon), July 5th-10th, 2015 (Zimmerman presenting)
- Zimmerman, E.* and JC Tyndall. (Oral presentation) Iowa farmer perceptions of multiple benefits & targeted conservation. International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (Charleston, SC), June 13th-18th, 2015 (Zimmerman presented)
- Bowman, T.**, and JC Tyndall. (Poster presentation) Financial decision support tools for the Iowa Nutrient Reduction Strategy. International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (Charleston, SC), June 13th-18th, 2015 (Bowman presented)
- Roesch, G.*, J. Arbuckle and JC Tyndall. (Oral presentation) Is it the Soil or is it the Weather? Corn Belt farmers’ conservation behavior motivations and adaptation strategies. Rural Sociological Society Annual Conference, Madison, WI, August, 2015. (Roesch presented)
- Clay, R.*, Roesch, G.*, Arbuckle J. and JC Tyndall. 2014. Soil health and Cover Crops: Farmer Perspectives on Sustainability . Global Food Security Consortium Symposium, Ames, IA. August, 2014. (Clay presented)
- Roesch, G.,* J. Arbuckle and JC Tyndall. 2014. What will farmers do? Adaptive management intentions of Corn Belt farmers. Rural Sociological Society Annual Conference. New Orleans, LA, August, 2014. (Roesch presented)
- Roesch, G.,* J. Arbuckle and JC Tyndall. 2014. What would farmers do? Adaptive management intentions of Corn Belt farmers given a climate change scenario. Soil and Water Conservation Society Annual Conference. Chicago, IL, July, 2014. (Roesch presented)
- Hand, A*., JC Tyndall., Bowman, T. 2014. US Great Plains Agroforestry: Examining Agricultural Producer Interest in Woody Systems for Bioenergy Feedstock Production" at the International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (ISSRM) on June 13 at Leibniz University in Hannover, Germany. (Hand presented)
- Chennault*, C., R. Frahm*, L.A. Schulte Moore, J. Tyndall, J. VanDyk. 2014. People in Ecosystems/Watershed Integration. Presented March 26th at the Natural Capital Project Annual Meeting & Training, Palo Alto, CA.
- Hand A*, Knoot T, Tyndall J, Westphal L. 2014. Oak Decline in the Driftless Area: Management and Cost-Share Opportunities. Tri-State Forest Stewardship Conference on March 8, 2014 in Sinsinawa, Wisconsin.
- Chennault*, C., R. Frahm*, L.A. Schulte Moore, J. Tyndall, J. VanDyk. 2014. People in Ecosystems/Watershed Integration. Presented March 4th at the Iowa Water Conference, Ames, IA.
- Thompson JR, Bowman T**, Tyndall JC. 2013. How much for that home in an Low Impact Development (LID) subdivision? Resident, developer, and city staff opinions on the value of LID in residential development. 2013 International Low Impact Development Symposium, August 18-21, 2013. Saint Paul River Centre, Saint Paul, MN. (Thompson presented)
- Schulte LA, Helmers MJ, Arbuckle J, Drobney P, Harris M, Kolka R, Liebman M, O’Neal M, Tyndall JC. 2013. Ecosystem complementarity through STRIPs. Ignite ESA presentation. 98th Annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America, August 4-9, 2013. Minneapolis, MN. (Schulte presented)
- Schulte LA, Helmers MJ, Arbuckle J, Drobney P, Harris M, Kolka R, Liebman M, O’Neal M, Tyndall JC. 2013. Bridging the conservation lands - working lands divide with a cost-effective strategy to enhance ecosystem services. 98th Annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America. August 4-9, 2013. Minneapolis, MN. (Harris presented)
- Linda Prokopy et al. (Tyndall, JC) 2013. International comparison of farmer beliefs regarding climate change and agricultural adaptation. International Symposium on Society and Research Management (ISSRM). June 2013, 2013. Estes Park, Co. (Prokopy presented)
- Enloe, S*. Schulte LA, Tyndall, JC 2013. Voluntary adoption of conservation among Iowa farmers: An evaluation of the Boone River Watershed Program. International Symposium on Society and Research Management (ISSRM). June, 2013. Estes Park, Co. (Enloe presented)
- JW Doudna*, Helmers MJ, O'Neal ME, Tyndall JC. 2012. Stakeholder perspectives on conservation program implementation in agricultural landscapes. 97th Annual meeting of the Ecological Society of America. August 5-10, 2012. Portland Oregon. (Doudna presented)
- Tyndall, JC. 2012. The role of windbreaks and air quality: State of the research. Great Plains Windbreak Renovation and Innovation Conference. Presented: Plains and Prairie Forestry Association. July 24-26, 2012, International Peace Garden, North Dakota/Manitoba Canada.
- Landhuis J*, Knoot TG**, Tyndall JC, Randall J, Thompson JR. 2012. Evaluating and Building Collaborative Capacity to Address Invasive Tree Pests. The 18th International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (ISSRM), Edmonton, Alberta Canada. June 18-20. (Landhuis presented)
- Knoot TG**, Tyndall JC, Schulte-Moore LA, Westphal L, Nelson M, Palik B, Hatfield M. 2012. Barriers to Oak Management in Minnesota and the Midwest. Oak Symposium - A Single Species Workshop. Sponsored by Sustainable Forests Education Cooperative. MN DNR and UM Extension. June 13-14, 2012. (Knoot presented)
- Knoot, T.G.**, Tyndall JC, Randall, J. Blanchong J. March 10, 2012. Woody biomass harvesting on private lands: Capturing opportunity and minimizing impact. Tri-state Forestry Conference. Sinsinawa, WI. (Knoot presented)
- Larsen D.**, Schulte Moore Lisa, Tyndall JC. Farming for ecosystem services: a framework for including wildlife in agricultural land use decision-making. Midwest Fish and Wildlife Conference. Des Moines Iowa. 5 December 2011. (Larson presented)
- Thompson J, Perry S, Tyndall JC, Bowman T*. The Case for Conservation in Planning for Residential Development. 2011 Upper Midwest American Planners Association Conference. October 19-21. Dubuque, Iowa. (Thompson and Perry presented)
- Larsen GLD*, Schulte LA, Tyndall JC, Grudens-Schuck N. 2011. Farming for ecosystem services: a case study of stakeholder perception in central Iowa. The 17th International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (ISSRM), University of Wisconsin-Madison June 4-8, 2011, in Madison, Wisconsin. (Larson presented)
- Tyndall JC, Knoot TG**. The social potential for developing alternative bioenergy markets in the Midwest: A tale of three feedstocks. 2011. The 17th International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (ISSRM), University of Wisconsin-Madison June 4-8, 2011, in Madison, Wisconsin. (Tyndall presented)
- Petrehn MR*, Tyndall JC, Arbuckle JG, Weidenhoft M. 2011. Working Grasslands in the Corn Belt: Stakeholder strategies for communicating values of multifunctional grazing in an Iowa Bird Conservation Area. The 17th International Symposium on Society and Resource Management (ISSRM), University of Wisconsin-Madison June 4-8, 2011, in Madison, Wisconsin. (Petrehn presented)
- Knoot TG**, Tyndall JC, Randall J, Blanchong J. 2011. The Adaptive capacity of Urban Communities in Iowa: The Spread of the Emerald Ash Borer. Resilience 2011: Second International Science and Policy Conference Friday, March 11, 2011 - Wednesday, March 16, 2011 Arizona State UniversityTempe, Arizona. (Knoot presented)
- Tyndall JC. The role of farmers in biomass feedstock supply. 2010 Midwest Biomass Conference & Expo, November 16-18, 2010. Grand River Center Dubuque Iowa.
- Knoot, TG**, Tyndall JC, Randall J, Blanchong J. Ecological and Social Potential for Woody Biomass Utilization in the US Cornbelt. 2010 Midwest Biomass Conference & Expo, November 16-18, 2010. Grand River Center Dubuque Iowa. (Knoot presented).
- BowmanT, Tyndall JC, Thompson J. 2010. Valuation of low-impact and conservation subdivision design in residential development. 16th International Symposium on Society and Resource Management will be hosted by Sam Houston State University from June 6 – 10, 2010, in Corpus Christi, Texas. (Bowman presented)
- Tyndall JC. Cellulosic Feedstocks: A comprehensive analysis of Iowa Farmer intentions. 2010 International BIOMASS Conference & Expo, May 4-6, 2010. Minneapolis Convention Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Petrehn MR*, Tyndall JC. 2010. Mapping the Landscape of Grass-Based Livestock Production in Iowa: Understanding How Social, Economic and Environmental Factors Influence the Development of Grassland Agriculture. Presentation at the Association for American Geographers, 2010 Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, March 2010. (Petrehn presented)
- Tyndall JC. Bioethics Faculty Retreat: Energy Alternatives for Iowa and the World. January 10, 2009. Scheman Building, Iowa State Center. Sponsored by the Office of Biotechnology and the Bioethics Program, Iowa State University, Presenting: “Biofuel Feedstocks and the Environment”
- Trabue S, Sauer T, Pfieffer R, Hernandez G, Tyndall JC. 2009. Odor Mitigation with Natural Buffers: Swine production Case Study. Submitted to 3rd International Congress on Bio-techniques for Air Pollution Control. Delft, The Netherlands. Sept 28-30th, 2009. (Trabue presented)
- Tyndall JC. 2008. Mitigating Air Emissions from Animal Feeding Operations. Iowa State University Extension. May 19-21 Des Moines, IA. Presenting: “The use of vegetative environmental buffers for livestock and poultry odor mitigation”.
- Sauer TJ, Haan FL, Tyndall JC, Hernandez Ramirez G, Trabue SL, Pfeiffer RL, Singer JW. 2008. Wind Tunnel Evaluation of Vegetative Buffer Effects on Air Flow near Swine Production Facilities. Agricultural and Forest Meteorology Conference Proceedings. 28 April-2 May 2008, Orlando, FL. (Sauer presented)
- Tyndall JC. Biobased Industry Outlook Conference. Growing the Bioeconomy: Science and Policy for Next Generation Biorefining 2007. Iowa State University November 6, 2007. “Social Sustainability of Biofeedstock Production and Processing”
- Grala R, Tyndall JC, Mize C. “Influence of field windbreaks on landscape aesthetics: Preliminary results”. Southern Forest Economics Workshop, Global Change and Forestry: Economic and Policy Implications. San Antonio, Texas. March 4-6, 2007. (Grala presented)